Fun Drama Workshop - can combine with arts award
This drama workshop for schools and youth groups is run by one of our many highly experienced Street Style Surgery drama practitioners, who have worked with young people from all walks of life. Our practitioners have extensive experience in delivering the arts award at all levels.
The drama workshop being offered is an incredible opportunity for young people to expand their creativity, immerse themselves in the discipline of arts and also gain an Arts Award qualification. (Several sessions are needed for the arts award option)
This workshop can be combined with any of our other courses, such as our fashion design workshops or our creative art workshops; in this way, young people can engage in a more extensive range of creative arts.
In this drama workshop, students will be participating in team building exercises, working on their improvisational skills and devising their own dramatic works. By performing their scenes in front of their peers and practitioner, students will gain valuable acting knowledge while also building confidence.
If there are specific issues or criteria that you feel should be covered, eg, bullying, healthy relationships, drugs misuse etc please let Street Style Surgery know; we are more than happy to adapt the workshop to cover and address these themes or just run it for fun and use the topics that your group put forward .
What happens in this workshop?
- Students will begin the drama workshop with warm ups and introductory games and exercises to become familiar with each other and their teacher.
- The group will work on team building exercises to cultivate better communication, closer bonds and moving the students together toward a common goal.
- Students will work on their improvisational skills, which consequently improves brainstorming abilities, speeds up decision-making skills and increases capacity for creative thinking.
- Students will then have the chance to perform their scenes, which they have personally constructed, in front of each other.
- The creative workshop will finish off with more games and exercises to improve students' skills and cultivate their creativity.
- To gain the Arts Award qualification, each session will incorporate a different topic of the arts.
What will young people get from this drama workshop?
- The opportunity to cultivate individual expression and creativity in a fun and relaxed environment, where all opinions and differences are fostered and encouraged.
- A chance to explore different issues and ideas relevant to their communities through drama and the arts.
- The opportunity to share ideas, develop communication skills, gain comfort in performance skills and engage in peer-to-peer encouragement as opposed to peer pressure.
- An opportunity to boost students' self-confidence and self-esteem.
- A chance to devise their own acting scenes.
- An increase in confidence and leadership, as students will each have to run an arts game or exercise.
- A chance to appreciate the arts by attending and/or reviewing an arts, film or show event.
- An opportunity to research his/her arts hero or heroine.
- Have a whole lot of fun!
What do young people say about this arts award workshop?
“All the exercises helped me feel more comfortable on stage.” –Aria aged 13.
“I really liked how encouraging my teacher was.” –Lucien aged 15.
“It was so fun making up our own scenes.” –Lindsey aged 11.
"I loved attending a film show with my classmates" –Peter aged 13.
What size does this arts award workshop come in?
This workshop works best with just one group.
How many young people can this arts award workshop accommodate?
The drama worksops are suitable for up to 12 participants. However, with vulnerable young people, it is better to have groups no bigger than 10 participants at a time.
Like the sound of this drama workshop?
Then you might also like to check out our business and enterprise workshops:
Or take a look at one of our creative arts and media workshops:
Contact us about this drama workshop
Our workshops can vary in cost, so please provide us with some more information eg, numbers, location and the workshop you are interested in and we will provide you with a personal quote.
We are very proud to say that we always aim to beat our competitor's costs whilst providing first class practitioners who will inspire and engage the young people they are delivering too! (Just take a look at our testimonials)
Workshops & activities suitable for:
Young People , Arts Award, Brownies & Girl Guides, Community Groups, Curriculum Enrichment workshop, Housing Associations, Key Stage 1 - Workshops for Primary Schools, Key Stage 2 - Workshops for Primary Schools, Key Stage 3 - Workshops for Secondary Schools, Key Stage 4 - Workshops for Secondary Schools, Libraries & Museums, NEETS, PRUs, YOTS, Youth Organisations
Contact us about this workshop
This workshop is available across the north of England and much of the rest of the country. We can also create a workshop especially for you – taking your budget, timeframes and location into consideration.
To find out more, please take a minute to complete the form below.
* Denotes required field.