Lanterns and illuminations workshop
In this creative arts lantern making workshop, training is offered at all levels. Creating large feature lanterns, illuminated puppets and instillation, and simple but spectacular parade lanterns, there's plenty for young people to get involved with.
The workshop starts with the group being creatively inspired, by being shown examples of feature lanterns and lantern parades made with other groups.
After being given time to create technical working sketches of the pyramid lantern design, participants work on their own lanterns, with help and ideas on standby from our professional lantern making tutor.
Lantern parades and illuminations are a beautiful way to promote creativity and celebration.
What will young people get from this workshop?
- Broadens the scope of creative learning experiences, offering hands on experience of the lantern making process.
- Offers participants the opportunity to be creative and express themselves in a fun and easy going environment where all opinions and ideas are encouraged and welcomed.
- Develop new skills and encourage talent by allowing participants to work with new materials and alongside professional artists.
- Develop a sense of self esteem
- Inspires participants to become involved in creative pursuits regardless of their previous experience or abilities.
What areas does it cover on the national curriculum?
This workshop addresses the following
- Working on their own, and collaborating with others, on projects in two and three dimensions and on different scales.
- Using a range of materials and processes.
- Explore areas that are new to them, including ideas, techniques and processes.
- Engage with contemporary art, craft and design, working with creative individuals and in creative environments.
How many people can attend the workshop, and when?
- Numbers depend on depth and design of lanterns to be made, but a recomendation of 15 per session is advised
- Recommended to take place over a two day period if painting is needed
- Can take place after school if necessary
- These sessions can be run as teacher training sessions over 3 hours
Like the sound of this workshop?
Then you might also like to check out our fashion workshops:
Fashion Design Course- Over 4 sessions
Or our other business and enterprise workshops:
Designing the things we live with- Enterprsie and recycling
Contact us about the workshop
Our workshops can vary in cost, so please provide us with some more information eg, numbers, location and the workshop you are interested in and we will provide you with a personal quote.
We are very proud to say that we always aim to beat our competitor's costs whilst providing first class practitioners who will inspire and engage the young people they are delivering too! (Just take a look at our testimonials)
Workshops & activities suitable for:
Young People , Adults, Arts Award, Brownies & Girl Guides, Community Groups, Further Education, Housing Associations, Key Stage 1 - Workshops for Primary Schools, Key Stage 2 - Workshops for Primary Schools, Key Stage 3 - Workshops for Secondary Schools, Key Stage 4 - Workshops for Secondary Schools, Libraries & Museums, NEETS, PRUs, SEN, Teacher Training, YOTS, Youth Organisations
Contact us about this workshop
This workshop is available across the north of England and much of the rest of the country. We can also create a workshop especially for you – taking your budget, timeframes and location into consideration.
To find out more, please take a minute to complete the form below.
* Denotes required field.