Skateboarding Taster Day
SSS skateboarding comes in to your school and runs a full day, half day or hour long skateboarding taster sessions for children in key stage 2 and above. We provide all the equipment including skateboards, safety pads and helmets.
We take up to 30 participants per session and go through our tried and tested beginners skateboard lesson. We aim to have 100% of participants safely pushing and cruising on a skateboard by the end of the session and we even throw in a first trick as a bonus!
All our coaches are sk8 safe certified which means they've passed the brand new level 1 skateboard coaching qualification. They have all passed our in-house training programme as well and are CRB checked and first aid trained.
We work on a ratio of 1 coach to 15 children so normally bring two coaches down for any taster sessions. Really we just want to introduced skateboarding to as many children as possible. It's had a profound impact on all our staffs lives and we just want to share that passion.
Skateboarding generally develops balance, co-ordination, resilience and creativity and we aim to introduce all these ideas into our taster sessions. The emphasis in this quick one hour slot however is ensuring all the young people have had fun and feel they've learned something completely new.
What will young people get from this Skateboarding taster day workshop?
- Our skateboarding sessions are a physically-demanding activity and ensure participants are physically active for sustained periods of time.
- They provide opportunities for pupils to become physically confident in a way which supports their health and fitness.
- They provides opportunities to build character and help to embed values such as fairness and respect.
- Participants will be taught to develop basic movements including jumping as well as developing balance, agility and coordination.
- Participants will learn how to use the above skills in different ways and to link them to make actions and sequences of movement.
- They will enjoy communicating, collaborating and competing with each other.
- They will develop an understanding of how to evaluate and recognise their own success.
- Pupils will be taught to develop jumping, flexibility, strength, technique, control and balance perform manoeuvres using a range of movement patterns
- Skateboarding also fits into the outdoor and adventurous activity section of the curriculum as well.
What do young people say about this Skateboarding taster dayworkshop?
We often hear the following during or just after our taster sessions:
‘I'm asking for a skateboard for my birthday/christmas now'
‘That was the most fun I've ever had'/ ‘this is the best day of my life' - (sounds really hyperbolic but it is genuinely something we hear all the time)
Quotes from teachers:
‘All of the coaches motivate the children and have excellent control, I have been constantly impressed with their enthusiasm and expertise' - Roudeel Fletchman, P.E. coordinator at Medlock Primary
‘The Skateboarding lessons are outstanding and hugely popular among a diverse group of pupils who otherwise may not participate in physical activity' - Jeremy Jackson, Headteacher at Webster Primary School
‘Ticks all fundamental skill development boxes' - Rob King, P.E. coordinator at Cavendish Primary
What sizes does this Skateboarding taster day workshop come in?
● Full school day - 6 hours
● Half day - 3 hours
● Single hour sessions
We do also offer after-school and lunchtime clubs.
How many young people can this Skateboarding taster day workshop accommodate?
We provide all the skateboards and safety equipment for up to 30 participants.
All we need is a large, flat, reasonably smooth area to run the sessions: playgrounds, muggas, sports halls are normally perfect.
Like the sound of this workshop?
Then check out our Journey of the circus workshop
Or our very popular Tshirt spray painting workshop
Contact us about this Skateboarding taster day workshop
To find out more, please take a moment to complete the form below – be sure to complete all fields marked with * as these are required as a minimum
Workshops & activities suitable for:
Young People , Adults, Arts Award, Brownies & Girl Guides, Community Groups, Curriculum Enrichment workshop, Further Education, Housing Associations, Key Stage 2 Schools, Key Stage 3 Schools, Key Stage 4 Schools, Kids Parties & Events, Libraries & Museums, NEETS, PRUs, SEN, YOTS
Contact us about this workshop
This workshop is available across the north of England and much of the rest of the country. We can also create a workshop especially for you – taking your budget, timeframes and location into consideration.
To find out more, please take a minute to complete the form below.
* Denotes required field.