Screen Printing workshop for fun, identity or profit
What Happens in this Screen Printing workshop?
Screen printing is a very versatile process and gives professional and long lasting results. Your young people will be shown from scratch and in detail how to create a stencil and screen print it on to an end product.
The end result could be marketable products like t-shirts, or patches, and could be used as part of a Young Enterprise style initiative or to create branding and products for youth/school groups and clubs.
It could also easily be combined with other t-shirt and clothing upcycling workshops. This workshop is run by our founder Sissy Rooney who will gladly share her inspirational story and invigorate all who take part.
- Sissy will introduce herself and talk about how hard work, perseverance and passion helped her get to where she is today.
- Sissy will talk about the process screen printing in detail, the aim being to inspire students and show them the different possibilities of the process.
- Sissy will demonstrate how to perform a simple stencil screen print.
- Students will have a go at creating their own stencils and printing from them onto paper or fabric.
- Students will screen-print their end product.
What areas does this Screen Printing workshop cover on the national curriculum?
Peer to peer learning, cultural history and global activity, art and design, skills and understanding.
What will young people get from this Screen Printing workshop?
- The chance to develop and learn a new and exciting technique
- The chance to get messy and have some fun!
- Leave the session with a tangible end product such as a T-shirt printed with their own design
- The chance to work with and get feedback on their ideas from Sissy
- The chance to share their work with others in the group
What do young people say about this Screen Printing workshop?
I can't believe I have created something that looks like it could be sold in a shop! - Claire age 14
This less was so much fun only problem was it went to fast, I could have done it all day! – Karl age 15
What sizes does this Screen Printing workshop come in?
This process has a lot of possibilities. As such, it could be delivered in a 2 hour (simple stencil screen printing), half day (eg. T-shirt printing) or full day (extended processes eg. More than one/ embellishment and upcycling clothing workshop/ business and enterprise)
How many young people can this Screen Printing workshop accommodate?
Due to the nature of this session smaller groups work better
We are very proud to say that we always aim to beat our competitor's costs whilst providing first class practitioners who will inspire and engage the young people they are delivering too! (Just take a look at our testimonials)
Like the sound of this workshop?
check out some of our other exciting options
Or try one of our most popular classes
Contact us about this Screen Printing workshop below
Workshops & activities suitable for:
Young People , Adults, Arts Award, Brownies & Girl Guides, Community Groups, Curriculum Enrichment workshop, Further Education, Housing Associations, Key Stage 3 Schools, Key Stage 4 Schools, Kids Parties & Events, Libraries & Museums, NEETS, PRUs, SEN, Teacher Training, YOTS, Youth Organisations
Contact us about this workshop
This workshop is available across the north of England and much of the rest of the country. We can also create a workshop especially for you – taking your budget, timeframes and location into consideration.
To find out more, please take a minute to complete the form below.
* Denotes required field.