Find out more about the Street Style Surgery and our fabulous creative workshops
Street Style Surgery runs creative workshops that teach young people a vast array of exciting new skills – from body popping to fashion designing, music production to film-making.
Our growing team of workshop leaders are all super-talented and personally vetted by SSS founder Sissy Rooney. Every day they show young people from often troubled backgrounds that creativity can open doors to a better life – and even lead to a fulfilling career.
“Thanks for a really inspiring workshop. The children were highly motivated and really enjoyed everything. They all joined in and it had a positive effect on one child in particular who sometimes struggles with behaviour. The workshop was well organised and the children were given clear instructions... We look forward to working with the Street Style Surgery again!” Ms T Mutch and Ms K Haydon - Heald Place Primary School
Can our workshops cover aspects of the National Curriculum?
Yes we want them too. Our creative workshops can form part of courses on citizenship, PSHE, Book Week, anti-slavery and world days, global entrepreneurship and Anti-Bullying Week to name but a few, just email us with your requirements.
What is the aim of our workshops?
We aim to raise the self-confidence and aspirational levels of each person who takes part in our workshops… and to leave them feeling that they have achieved and learnt something new.
We do this by delivering enjoyable and engaging creative workshops in formal and non-formal education settings.
Who are our workshops suitable for?
- Primary and secondary schools, including mainstream, special needs and alternative educational institutions
- Community days
- Young offenders institutions
- Children's events and parties
- Arts projects for community cohesion and inclusion
- Youth groups such as the girl guides or scouts (our workshops can form part of the Duke of Edinburgh awards)
- Intergeneration projects
- After school & summer school workshops/projects as part of the Extended Schools Programme
- Projects for people with mental health issues and for the elderly
Because our workshops can make such a huge difference to people's lives, we want as many people as possible to experience them. So it's our ultimate aim to become the one-stop-shop for creative workshops in the whole of the UK.
What kind of workshops do we offer?
- Urban arts workshops teaching DJ skills, graffiti art, break dancing, street dancing, music production and fashion design
- Cultural workshops including workshops on African drumming and art from other cultures
- Creative and performing arts workshops teaching filmmaking, animation, drama, photography, recycling and more
- Business and enterprise workshops including workshops on app design and trading
Need us to create a workshop specifically for you?
No problem. We're happy to tweak our existing workshops taking your budget, timeframes and location into consideration.
Plus we can create all-new workshops if you have a topic that you would like covering, such as bullying or peer pressure.
We can also offer training towards the much-talked-about Arts Award, in bronze, silver and gold. This is available on several of our creative workshops.
Got a question about the Street Style Surgery?
If you'd like to find out more about us, please email our founder Sissy Rooney today firstname.lastname@example.org